Hello Everyone! Today I’m going to tell you about some more fun trays I made. These mod-podged beauties were a pretty easy and quick diy, so it’s a perfect evening or weekend project! Plus you can use scraps of leftover scrapbook paper or wrapping paper you love. You could even use Christmas wrapping paper for a holiday specific craft!
The steps to this are pretty simple:
- Starting with an unfinished tray, first apply stain or paint and let dry overnight.
- Measure and cut the scrapbook paper to fit the inside of the tray. You may need to smoothly join two pieces together or make it a funky collage!
- Put down a layer of mod-podge with a paint brush.
- Lay down your scrapbook paper or wrapping paper.
- Smooth it out using a credit card or store card you don’t use anymore. Mod-podge washes off pretty easily, so it’s up to you!
- Let the mod-podge dry!
- Apply a layer on top of the paper.
- (Optional) Put a layer of polyurethane over the painted or stained portions of the trays.
AND YOU’RE DONE!